Ms. Bender is a partner with the firm. She works primarily in the area of medical malpractice and general civil litigation. Ms. Bender is responsible for managing all phases of case development including pleading and discovery preparation, taking and defending depositions, obtaining case reviews by expert witnesses, motions practice, and trial.
Ms. Bender has successfully represented clients in various Maryland Circuit and District Courts. She also handles guardianship hearings in Maryland Circuit Courts.
Previously, Ms. Bender practiced in a general civil firm in Wellesley, Massachusetts. She was the head coach of a Division I women’s softball team at an Ivy League college for eight years. Ms. Bender then practiced in a civil litigation firm in Baltimore for two years before joining the firm in 2005.
- Medical Professional Liability Defense
- Professional Liability
- Health Law
- General Liability
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1993
- Princeton University, A.B., cum laude, 1990
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- MD-DC Society of Hospital Risk Management