Ms. Ward is an experienced trial attorney with extensive experience in complex insurance defense and coverage litigation, the defense of products liability and professional liability cases, and commercial litigation.
Ms. Ward’s practice also includes an active commitment to advising her clients in risk management. Years ago, Ms. Ward developed an interest and a niche practice in registering and defending trademarks and has guided many businesses to protect their brands and logos.
Ms. Ward has been active in professional and community organizations, serving on the Board of Directors of DRI and as President of Maryland Defense Counsel, chair of the Lawyers Campaign for CollegeBound and an active pro bono contributor to Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, for which she currently handles guardianship cases. She is an engaged committee member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, and the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys. She was honored to be named one of Maryland’s Top 100 Women for 2005 by The Daily Record and was the DC Defense Lawyer of the Year in 2018. She has published and lectured extensively on trial and insurance-related topics and was a faculty member for IADC’s esteemed Trial Academy in 2011. Outside of the office, Ms. Ward teaches public speaking to high school girls and is a dedicated long-distance runner and swimmer.
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Mass Torts
- Insurance Defense
- Professional Liability
- Premises Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Trademark Law
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for 3rd, 4th, 5th and D.C. Circuits
- Loyola University Maryland, magna cum laude, 1984
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1987
- Maryland Defense Counsel
- DC Defense Lawyers Association
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent – Martindale Hubbell